Duluth, GA – March 17, 2020 – Please be advised the following Georgia 811 members have invoked the use of Positive Response Code 3J (Extraordinary Circumstances) across their service area/areas effective immediately.
Last updated on 3/31/2020 at 3:48pm.
- City of Emerson (EMER01, EMER02 – Bartow) effective Sunday, March 22, 2020 at 12:00pm until Saturday, April 11, 2020 at 12:00am.
- City of Kingsland (KNG50, KNG51 – Camden) effective Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 12:01am until Thursday, April 30, 2020 at 11:59pm.
- Cherokee County Water & Sewerage Authority (CKW01, CKW02 – Cherokee, Pickens, Forsyth) effective Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 7:00am until Friday, May 1, 2020 at 8:00am.
- Austell Natural Gas System (AUS50 – Cobb, Douglas) effective Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 1:00pm until Monday, April 13, 2020 at 8:00am.
- City of Jesup (JES50 – Wayne) effective Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 10:00am until Tuesday, April 7, 2020 at 7:00am.
- City of Atlanta Department of Watershed Management (ATL01, ATL02 – Fulton, DeKalb) effective Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 5:00pm until Sunday, April 26, 2020 at 8:00am.
- City of Warner Robins (WAR90, WAR91, WAR92 – Houston, Twiggs) effective Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 8:00am until Sunday, April 19, 2020 at 12:00am.
- Augusta/Richmond County Government (AUGN01, AUGN02, AUGN03, AUGC01, AUGC02, AUGC03, AUGS01, AUGS02, AUGS03 – Richmond) effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020 at 8:00am until Monday, May 4, 2020 at 8:00am.
- City of Hogansville (HOG50, HOG51, HOG52, HOG53 – Troup) effective Thursday, March 26, 2020 at 9:26am until Tuesday, May 26, 2020 at 12:00am.
- City of Pelham (PHM50, PHM51, PHM52 – Mitchell) effective Thursday, March 5, 2020 at 8:00am until Thursday, April 30, 2020 at 5:00pm.
- Coweta-Fayette EMC (POW70 – Coweta, Fayette) effective Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 3:30pm until Friday, April 3, 2020 at 12:00am. (Due to tornado/weather)
Extraordinary Circumstances is explained in the Georgia Dig Law – O.C.G.A §25-9-7d. To view information concerning Extraordinary Circumstances during the COVID-19 pandemic, click here.
If there are questions, please contact these members directly to inquire about their schedule for catching up.
To declare Extraordinary Circumstances, members must complete the form on the Georgia 811 website here. Questions may also be directed to the Customer Connections Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 770-623-5786.
When a member submits the form to declare Extraordinary Circumstances during normal business hours (Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.), the Extraordinary Circumstance (EC) will be added to the current Georgia 811 List of EC Declarations during the same business day.
When the form is submitted outside of normal business hours, the Extraordinary Circumstance will be added to the Georgia 811 List of EC Declarations no later than 10 a.m. on the next business day.
Georgia 811 reminds excavators that members will be responding to tickets using the 3J code if they have invoked Extraordinary Circumstances. Excavators can check members’ responses to their tickets in PRIS using their 11-digit ticket number at any time.
Updates to this will be sent out and made online at www.Georgia811.com