THANK YOU to the over 300 people who attended our 2014 annual meeting! Take a look at our photo gallery of the event on Facebook. Not only did we review our 40 year history, but we took a look at where we are today in 2014.
Many of you who wanted additional Georgia 811 40th Anniversary long sleeved shirts for employees at your office, members of your crew or for family members please email Meghan Wade at email@example.com. She is working with our vendor to determine the price to offer to stakeholders so everyone can order what they need. Meghan will follow up with an order form and instructions. This offer is also be open to anyone who’d like to order shirts and wasn’t able to attend as well.
2014 Damage Prevention Advocates
Each year Georgia 811 Liaison Managers select a person or company who has set the pace for damage prevention in their Georgia Utility Coordinating Council (GUCC) Region of the state. (Click here to see a regional map.) Below is a list of this year’s recipients.
- Region #1: Selected by Liaison Manager Becky Creech is James Childs with Walton EMC
- Region # 3: Selected by Liaison Manager Terry McLaurin is Darrol Mitchell Georgia Power
- Region #4: Selected by Interim Liaison Director Holly Files is Kay Bixby with USIC
- Region #5: Selected by Interim Liaison Director Holly Files is Stephen Stewart with City of Thomasville
- Region # 6: Selected by Liaison Manager Terry McLaurin is Greg Thacker with Cartersville Gas
- Region #7: Selected by Liaison Manager Fiona Bowen is Chris Weed with Atlanta Gas Light
- Large Projects: Selected by Liaison Manager Mike Bell is Lisa McKnight with City of Lawrenceville
Earning A Free Lunch
Georgia 811 offered two ways for local UCC’s to earn a free lunch. One project was to have a city or county declare August 11th as Safe Digging Day. The second project was to award the 811 Youth Community Service Safety Award. Participating UCC’s had to complete 2 projects, per the guidelines, to earn a free lunch up to $250 for their local UCC. There was a limit of two free lunches. Many UCC’s participated, but only two completed the necessary two projects to earn the free lunch.
Congratulations to Clayton UCC and to Fulton UCC who earned two free lunches.
The following Proclaimed August 11 as Safe Digging Day:
- City of Atlanta
- City of East Point
- City of Fairburn
- City of Jonesboro
- City of Lawrenceville
- City of Riverdale
- Fulton County Commission
- State of Georgia
To view these virtual took kits click here. We will offer this opportunity again next year beginning in March to coincide with Safe Digging Month and conclude the program in August with Safe Digging Day.