New in June: Georgia 811 Online Damage Prevention Training
Georgia 811 is pleased to announce that online Damage Prevention Training will launch next month. Excavators throughout the state will be encouraged to take the easily accessible training to ensure their proficiency with safe digging methods in Georgia. The training is divided into seven quick sessions that include the following topics:
- Introduction to Safe Excavation in Georgia
- Requesting a Dig Ticket & Understanding Utility Markings
- Liability & Damages
- Digging Safely: An Explanation of the Tolerance Zone, Potholing, Utility Depth, and Enforcement of the Georgia Dig Law
- Marking Standards for Underground Utilities
- Ticket Responses in the Positive Response Information System (PRIS)
- Preparing a Damage Investigation
Each section takes between five and ten minutes to complete, with the entire training lasting approximately one hour. The training will launch in English at the beginning of June and the Spanish version will debut later this summer. Stay tuned next week for additional information. For questions, please contact Megan Estes at mestes@Georgia811.com
or Whitney McClain at wmcclain@Georgia811.com
Georgia 811 to Observe Memorial Day
Georgia 811 offices will be closed on Monday, May 31, 2021, in observance of Memorial Day.
During this time the contact center will be accepting locate requests for damages and emergencies only. Please plan your work accordingly.