In Person: September 11, 2021
at Tribble Mill Park in Lawrenceville, GA.
Virtual Run: August 11, 2021 – September 11, 2021
2021 Georgia 811 5K
In Person Event:
Georgia 811 brings to you a fun, outdoor event to experience by yourself or with your family and friends. This 5k is a Peachtree Road Race qualifier for competitive participants. All proceeds from this event will be donated to the P4 Foundation, supporting Georgia kid’s battling cancer and providing support to their families. Register online for $18.11 between now and August 31st. Event pricing increases to $25 for registrations between August 31st and September 10th. Kids 12 and under can participate for free. We will not be holding a separate event for kids this year, they will participate along with their parents in our regular event.
In person event participants will receive:
- Commemorative medal for completing the 5k for the first 250 to complete the event.
- Commemorative 16.9 oz stainless steel insulated bottle for the first 250 checked in registrants.
- Numbered Bib for timed event statistics.
- Selfies and Photo Ops at our Georgia 811 backdrop.
- Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for qualifying age in Men and Women’s timed events.
- Overall trophy for 1 Male and 1 Female winner.
- Virtual Event Dates – Our virtual event kicks off on August 11th and ends on September 11th. Participation is FREE and available to anyone in Georgia or in the continental United States. Participation is where you live, work or vacation. Complete your 5k in full in a single day or in increments (maybe you can only do a mile a day over several days). Run, Walk, Jog, Push a stroller, use a bike or skateboard… you get the idea!
- Social Media Posts – The virtual event is FREE because we need you to help us spread our message. To qualify for the gift card drawing, we ask of our Virtual participants to post on Social Media with the provided verbiage below. You can attach our provided images or take a selfie and add the verbiage below. Post on your Facebook/Instagram/Twitter or other social media pages that you are participating or have participated and share our “811 message”. All participants who share our social media message will be put in a random drawing for gift cards. There will be 9 winners.
– 5 ea $100 Target Visa Gift Cards
– 4 ea $25 Target Visa Gift Cards
- Virtual Bib – Participants will have access to a Virtual Commemorative Bib during the registration process, which can be printed out and used in selfies.
- Send us your post – You must screen shot and send your social media message to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to qualify for our drawing (due to private settings on social media, we may not be able to find your social media posting, so to make sure you get credit and be put in the drawing, we need proof of posting). In addition, we ask that you use the hashtag #Georgia811Virtual5k2021 in your posts.
Social Media Images and Verbiage:
Social Media Messages: Right Click on the images above and select “Save As” or “Save Image As” to download the images to use on social media. If you are using your own Selfie (maybe with your virtual bib or out on your run/walk) and not our above images, include one of these Social Media Messages to qualify for the gift card drawing…
- “I just registered to participate in the #Georgia811Virtual5k2021 to help promote Safe Digging. Contact 811 Before you Dig! Join me and register for FREE! @GA811 https://www.georgia811.com/index.php/811-run-walk/
- “I just completed the #Georgia811Virtual5k2021. You can participate for FREE between August 11 and September 11. Practice Safe digging and Contact 811 Before You Dig! @GA811 https://www.georgia811.com/index.php/811-run-walk/
There are several opportunities to become a sponsor of this community event and sponsorship opportunities are currently available. All sponsors will have their logo displayed below. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor of the Georgia 811 5k, please complete this form. We hope you will join us in spreading the safe digging message!
Our 2021 sponsors: