ThoughtSpot – Member Reporting
Georgia 811 provides members free access to ThoughtSpot, a software platform that provides detailed member data on tickets and response information. Information is presented in two distinct pinboards (dashboards) in a variety of tables and visualizations that allow members to easily investigate their ticket data. Access to your ThoughtSpot data can be requested by filling out the form below.
You will receive your login credentials within 2 business days after submitting the form.
If you have any questions or need assistance signing up for the Member Reporting portal, please contact our Customer Connections Department at 770-623-5786 or by email at email@example.com.
Once you have used the form above to request your username and password for your specific member data, it is recommended that you view the ThoughtSpot training video. This training is self-paced, lasts 18 minutes, and provides members with information on how to best use the ThoughtSpot software to analyze their data.
To Access Training:
- Visit https://learning.georgia811.com
- Log in:
- If you have previously taken a Georgia 811 online course, you will already have a username and password for the site.
- For excavators who have never accessed the Coursettra site, it is recommended that you first allow emails from the sender firstname.lastname@example.org. Then, please select NO ACCOUNT. Fill out the form to create a username and password. After signing up and logging in to the system for the first time, there will be a verify emailL pop-up window that appears where you must select SEND CODE in order to receive an email confirmation that your account is successfully connected to your email address. If you do not wish to verify your email, you may select CANCEL to bypass this step and go straight into the student portal. When looking for your verification email, please make sure to check your spam folder. If you still do not receive the verification email, please contact Web Services at Learning@Georgia811.com.
- After logging in, select BROWSE at the top of the page.
- Click on MEMBER REPORTING – THOUGHTSPOT
- Click on REGISTER, REGISTER, START NOW, and then START.
- Click START NOW and you are ready to learn!
ThoughtSpot How To’s
ThoughtSpot uses unique terminologies that you will see referenced when using the software.
Answers are Charts, Tables, or other visualizations of your data.
Pinboards are dashboards that you can pin and unpin, rearrange, and resize your charts, tables, and other Answers.
Searching is how you start creating an answer. You search your data and save the result as an Answer.
Now that you understand these terms, you can continue reading to see how to Drill Down, use Interactive Labels, Download data, and Explore your data.
Each Answer (data visualization/graph) can be thought of as a starting point for your data. For instance, in the Ticket Totals Monthly answer (see table below), your starting point is the total number of unique tickets for your billing code for the months displayed on the graph.
If you want to see how many tickets of each ticket type were received in each month, you can drill down into that month by ticket type. To do so, follow these instructions:
- Right-Click the month you want to drill down into
- Select Drill down from the pop-up menu
- Search for Ticket Type in the search box, and select Ticket Type from the results
- The results are displayed.
At this point if you want to reset the graph to the initial view, click the blue circle with the arrow in the bottom of the right of the graph. You can also drill down further if you like by right clicking a ticket type value on the resulting chart, selecting Drill down again, and searching for and selecting the data item that you want to further investigate (for instance, Excavator Type).
Drilling Down Video Explanation:
You can download any Answer that is a graph, chart, or visualization as an image (PNG). You can also download Answers that are tables, such as the Ticket Insights table on the Member Overview pinboard in Excel (XLSX), Acrobat (PDF), or Comma Separated Values (CSV) formats.
- Move your mouse pointer to the answer
- Click on the ellipsis (…) icon that pops up
- For visualizations, select Download
- For tables, select Download as CSV, Download as XLSX, or Download as PDF, depending on the format you need.
Download Video Explanation:
Many of the visualizations in Thoughtspot have interactive labels. On pie charts, for instance, clicking on a label will slide out the pie piece that that label represents so you can see that slice better. For Bar or Column charts, clicking on a label can remove or add back in that labelled data item.
- Click on the label of the slice you would like highlighted
- Click on the label again to have that slice slide back in
- Alternatively, click on the label of another slice to have the original slice slide back in and then new slice slide out
- Click on the label to see that data item removed from the chart
- Click on the label again to see it added back in
For charts like Emergency Notifications by Hour Last 30 Days, you can remove days from the chart by clicking them. For instance, if you click on Saturday and Sunday, you will see the chart show the emergency notifications by hour for only weekdays (Saturday and Sunday will not be reflected in the chart). To add them back in, click on those labels again.
Interactive Labels Video Explanation:
Exploring is a useful tool to see different aspects of your data. For instance, you can look at the Ticket Totals Monthly and exclude emergency tickets or add in the Day Of Week. When exploring data, you can Filter, Add, Replace, and Compare.
To start exploring:
- Move your mouse over the answer
- Click the Explore button that pops up
Next, select the operation you’d like to do with the data:
Filter – exclude some subset of data from the Answer
- Search for the data item you’d like to filter on and select it. For instance, Ticket Type.
- Select a comparison (such as “equal” or “does not equal”)
- Select or search for a value to filter
- Click Apply to see the changes
Add – add additional data to the Answer
- Click in the search box.
- Search for the data item you want to add, such as Day of Week and select it. The results are shown immediately.
Replace – Replace one data item with another
- Select the data item you want to replace, such as Monthly.
- Select what you want to replace that with, such as Quarterly. The results are shown immediately.
Compare – Select a data item to compare, and then select two values of that data item to see them side by side.
- Click in the search box and find the data item to compare (for instance, Ticket Type), and select it
- Select a value of that data item, such as Normal
- Select another value, such as Emergency
- Click Compare
- The visualization is updated to show the two values
Exploring Data Video Explanation: